Fibro your algia

I will see your head nodding in understanding and agreement. You will have felt the same, you will have done the same. But this is fibromyalgia.... Not fibroyouralgia. So whilst sympathy, patience and understanding is greatly appreciated by anyone with this condition.... It is quite unique and has a very bizarre pathway.
Epstein Barr, that's who I'm initially 'blaming'. In 1989 I got glandular fever as we Brits call it... Or mononucleosis. I was in my second year at uni studying French and PE in Chester. I was 19 or 20. I couldn't move, my lovely dad drive to Chester from Nottingham one evening and scored me up from my student accommodation and drive me home. My head was propped on the seat belt as I slumped in the seat for the couple of hours drive home. My lovely mum (the White Witch with all of her old wives tremendous and knowledge of medicine and healing) got me from not being able to climb the stairs, not even being able to tolerate an ice cube to cool my burning throat, to slowly being able to walk to the end of the road and back. Then buy by bit she built me up and a few months later I returned to uni. Every now and then 'mono' raised it's head and that big syringe just drew out all of the energy in my body.
Roll on a couple of decades and I would still have one or two little reminders but I was running, cycling, teaching, involved in this that and the other, then my fibromyalgia announced itself. But initially it was thought it was a firm of arthritis. Multiple joint pain, crashing fatigue, collapsing, confusion, really low blood pressure, low body temperature. And teaching 26 14 year olds out on a freezing cold sports field became impossible. 25 years of teaching and I kept getting scored up by my colleagues and driven home..... Like I did when I was 19 or 20. It took all the usual blood tests.... Addison's, lupus, arthritis, Lyme's before fibro was diagnosed in June this year. I kept trying to get week enough to get back to work but couldn't. I realised also that it's not all about the pain or the fatigue. I've got an idea of how I help myself with that now. Meditation, Epson salts baths, gentle exercise, Tai chi, walking, nutrition, nutrition, nutrition. I have finally tinkered enough. You know that old item of clothing you'll never wear but you don't throw out of your wardrobe... Well I had a few food items that were a bit like that. No idea why I kept the in the cupboard but they weren't doing me any favours. But the strangest effect is this brain..... Sometimes really really struggled with sounds, with vision, with sensations. It's like my spider senses are turned up high and everything is let in. No filter. And I can feel like I'm on speed out 40 red bulls, then put comes that syringe again and takes away all the energy. Today I tried to make a phonecall... On my phone.... But in the calculator app. I then couldn't find the keypad when I was in the phone app. I received a lot of information from the last on the other end of the phone when i finally sussed out how to dial a number that I actually became dizzy, as in nearly faking over when standing up dizzy. From listening. Sometimes I'm well enough to do a handstand and engage with the child within. But I might not be able to spell or recall a word I need to use.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.

From fatigue to fantastic

How do you start to meditate